Shingles curling unexpectedly on your home?
If you have noticed that the shingles on your roof are being to curl along the edges, you may be wondering what exactly is going on. There are several reasons that shingles begin to curl:
- If you have not had the old shingles removed when your new roofing was put on and the roofers simply put the new shingles on top of the old, this could be causing the problem. The reason this can happen is that the new shingles do not line up with the existing ones, therefore they will not seal properly and as a result can either come off during high winds or you will begin to see them curl.
- Attic space ventilation is extremely important for your roof. Moisture from your home and from the outside can result in moisture congregating in your attic, causing your roofing shingles to curl. Proper attic ventilation is a must to maintain the integrity of your entire roofing system.
- If your shingles were installed improperly, this can also lead to them curling. The sealing strip under your shingles and the way they are nailed, if not done according to the manufacturer’s recommendation, can lead to curling upward or inward over time.
- It may be that your roofing shingles have just reached the end of their lifespan.
- One other thing to consider is that maybe you received a product that was defective. But how would you know?
One of the best ways to know exactly what you are dealing with is to contact a reputable roofing contractor that works in your area. Ronnigen Roofing has been in the Rochester, MN area for over 17 years doing what we do best and that is meeting your roofing needs. We will inspect your roofing system and discuss with you what exactly needs to be done and how we plan to do that.
In addition to this, if there are any class action suits regarding the shingles that are currently on your roof, we will give you direction as to what you need to do. In fact, we are aware of a current class action suit against the CertainTeed Corporation alleging the company manufactured and sold defective roofing shingles. Plaintiffs in this class action lawsuit can recover not only the full price of new shingles but also any labor costs plus damages caused by the defective shingles.
Whether you are having problems due to defective shingles or any of the other reasons discussed above, the knowledgeable roofing contractors at Ronnigen Roofing are ready to help in whatever way we can. We will do what it takes to insure your entire roofing system will provide safety for you and your family, your home and its contents.
What to do in Waseca Minnesota Summers?
200 acres of parkland containing 15 parks with baseball, softball and soccer fields as well as basketball, tennis and sand volleyball courts are only just a few of the outdoor activities. A place where you can cookout or enjoy an after noon in one of the many parks with picnic shelters and playground equipment for the kids. Over 9 miles of hard surface trails throughout the area to enjoy bike riding or rollerblading.
This community definitely takes advantage of the summer weather!
Another way to take advantage of the summer weather is to begin inspecting your roofing system for aging. When the snow melts you may notice your roof looking a little worn. Roof shingles may be curling, buckling or seem discolored and gutters that were once level may now be hanging down or you may notice rusting or even rotten spots on the boards behind the gutters. All of this is telling you that your roofing system needs a little TLC or replacement.
Your roofing system adds or detracts from the curb appeal of your home. Adding to the curb appeal of your property doesn’t necessarily mean a new roof is in order, it could be things just need a few minor repairs or replacements. Keeping your entire roofing system in good working order will help to keep your home free from roofing water issues inside and out saving you time and money in the long run.
Ronnigen Roofing is a qualified, knowledgeable and licensed roofing contractor for Waseca Minnesota residents with over 27 years in the business. Our experienced professionals will come to your home for a consultation and review your current roofing problems as well as point out any potential future problems in the making, helping to save you both time and money over the course of your home ownership.
Give us a call at (507) 281-8899
or visit our site for a Minnesota roofing estimate request